You already know the what and the who, the key questions are, when, where, and how. All those are good questions when preparing for marriage. If you've gotten this far, you've already found that special someone.
If you're getting married your wedding folder must already include this small list:
||Save the Date
But what about the honeymoon?
Check list for international honeymoons
- Budget - Yes, this too will require a budget, but probably not as extensive as your wedding budget.
- Passports - Make sure it is current. Some countries require the expiration date on your passport to be no less than six months from your travel date.
- Visas - Many countries require a visa, even if you're not staying for more than three two months.
- Get vaccinations - While your vaccines may be current at home, they may not be in other places.
- Make copies of important documentation - In case of any unforeseen incident, having backups of your credit cards, passport, itinerary, or other important information is strongly advised.
- Travel Arrangements - These days couples can make their own travel arrangements by going onto websites like Travelocity, Kayak, Tripadvisor, or other similar websites. For those who are not as tech savvy as others or don't have time to book their own, there is always a friendly travel agent ready and willing to lend a helping hand, for a slight cost of course.
- Purchase your plane tickets -
- Book your hotel - Find a place that is close to where you plan to visit. While you may be going to Rome, hotels and villas may be extremely expensive within the city, but neighboring cities may have hotels offering discounts or simply lower rates to attract you to stay with them.
- Pack your bags - Make a check list of all the things you will need. Find out what the weather will be like for most of your stay. What season of the year is it where you are headed?
- Money exchange - While this isn't as important for many, it is a necessity. You will be paying for much of your honeymoon with your credit card. Meaning there will be plenty of finance charges being accumulated while you book all or most of the things mentioned above. Tacking on cash advance fees or international convenience fees will take away from your honeymooning budget in a hurry.
Will the happy couple be in search of adventure in a South African safari or perhaps never-ending romance in Rome, Venice or Paris?
The sole reason for this list is to prepare you for a pleasant trip. Leaving any of these items for the last minute could result in lesser discounts and take away from your travel funds.Plan ahead and buy your foreign currency at discounted rates of exchange.
Follow us on Facebook for discounted rates of exchange or special promotions.